Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CumuluxMX continues alive!

CumuluxMX continues alive!

After Steve has announced the end of the CumulusMX development, I belive that many of us thought (myself included) that it was the end of Cumulus, the most used Weather Software around the world.
Gratefully that is not gonna happen! Steve decided to release the source code (thank you Steve, by having did it), and Mark Crossley took the mission to continue the Cumulus development. This was a great news for me. Along the years I developed a great respect by the work and knowledge of Mark Crossley (many of the scripts I use on my meteo website are made by mcrossley), so the Cumulus development couldn't be in better hands.

Since the last Cumulus release, done by Steve, Mark Crossley already have published two or three new releases.

I'm pleased to say, that WeatherDuino remains working with the latest CumulusMX release, so well as before!

Latest CumulusMX release: Cumulus MX v3.0.0 build 3046 02-Jan-2019

Wonderful news!  Smile Heart

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

Yes good news indeed for that great software that a lot of us use here to publish our Duino' station data!

I've run the MX variant, which worked well, but I'm still running V1 because I just like it better, maybe it's the interface with the analogue looking wind gauges.
Speaking of analogue gauges. Werk, if you ever contemplated making some arduino powered ones? Maybe servo's would work Smile

Excellent news for all Cumulus variants!! Big Grin Big Grin

(09-01-2019, 08:01)uncle_bob Wrote:  I've run the MX variant, which worked well, but I'm still running V1 because I just like it better, maybe it's the interface with the analogue looking wind gauges.
Speaking of analogue gauges. Werk, if you ever contemplated making some arduino powered ones? Maybe servo's would work Smile

For my main Meteo website, I'm using Cumulus v1 too. It haves some features never implemented on the MX version, like the editor. Knowing that development will continue, gives me hope that someday the editors will be implemented too.