Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro Plus RX Date Problems

(31-12-2022, 06:43)mikeyk Wrote:  Hi,
I'm having the same issue with date, but it appears to be that the 1.6.21 version won't work on 64bit systems.
I had to use 1.8.6, otherwise I received this error "Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++: bad CPU type in executable"

Is there any other workaround, or something that can be updated to allow an AVR version greater than 1.6.21 ?

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael,

I just uploaded the firmware for the RX unit of the Pro2+ series, PCB even v1.3. I was working on a laptop with Windows 10 64b, Arduino IDE v2.0.3,
AVR board manager v1.6.21 and absolutely no problems. You can freely upgrade or downgrade that AVR board manager as needed.

[Image: ArduinoIDE.png]

But on that occasion I noticed one issue that I now believe is confirmed and appears in all firmware versions I've tried. I'm just not sure yet
if this problem is only related to my LAN setup and therefore only my problem.

The point is that the NTP protocol, which helps in setting and synchronizing the time, has stopped working for me on the RX units
of the Pro2+ series. In the default configuration, you do not set anything, the pool.ntp.org server set is used. And this stopped working for me.
However, just use the IP address of any (nearest) NTP server and everything works without problems (e.g. in my case 195.113.144.238 = tak.cesnet.cz).
It could potentially be a DNS service issue on my network, but it only shows up on the RX unit Pro2+. And that's weird.

Maybe a topic for you to try.

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

(31-12-2022, 06:43)mikeyk Wrote:  Hi,
I'm having the same issue with date, but it appears to be that the 1.6.21 version won't work on 64bit systems.
I had to use 1.8.6, otherwise I received this error "Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++: bad CPU type in executable"

Is there any other workaround, or something that can be updated to allow an AVR version greater than 1.6.21 ?

Cheers,
Michael

Hi,

I'm running IDE 1.8.9 on a Windows 7 64 bits and with AVR 1.6.21 works well.
Up to now I haven't find the reason but WeatherDuino software for AVR doesn't work correctly with AVR board newer than 1.6.21. It may compile without errors but there will be randan issues when working.

If for any other project you would need AVR boards greater than 1.6.21, a possible solution for not being upgrading and downgrading the AVR boards, is using a stand alone version of Arduino IDE on a USB pen, this solution also have the advantage of having all the libraries required by WeatherDuino software in one place, which is some cases may not be the latest ones installed automatically on the system.

Rgs.
Wek_AG

I think the issue is I'm using a Mac which in last few OS versions dropped all 32bit support.
I will re-try on a Windows machine, which still supports 32 and 64 bit at the same time.

(01-01-2023, 05:20)mikeyk Wrote:  I think the issue is I'm using a Mac which in last few OS versions dropped all 32bit support.
I will re-try on a Windows machine, which still supports 32 and 64 bit at the same time.

I tried now with a Windows PC and it was OK. It also has fixed the time display format that had been there for a while. It looks like I will need to continue to use a Windows PC, as after searching on the internet all suggestions were to use a later AVR version.

I have a seperate issue now that I'm finally free to troubleshoot during holidays, I will make a seperate post for that.

(01-01-2023, 10:26)mikeyk Wrote:  
(01-01-2023, 05:20)mikeyk Wrote:  I think the issue is I'm using a Mac which in last few OS versions dropped all 32bit support.

... as after searching on the internet all suggestions were to use a later AVR version.

Those suggestions while valid and recommended when starting a new project, not always apply for already existing projects, as many may use customized libraries that may work well with latest AVR boards version.